CEO, Managing Partner
Phone: (504) 313-3800
Areas of Practice:
Raj Pandit’s disaster law experience spans almost a decade. He has advocated for victims from Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, Sandy, and (now) Harvey. As a survivor of Hurricane Katrina himself, he personally knows the struggle of disaster recovery.
He leverages his experience as a proven leader in disaster recovery litigation to help homeowners maximize their insurance recovery. In addition to his extensive hurricane experience, he also has flood experience, tornado experience from the F-5 tornadoes in Alabama in 2011, and experience with first-party property claims involving accident-based damage. He currently represents hundreds of homeowners who were affected by the historic Louisiana flooding of August 2016.
He also deploys his business and legal training to successfully represent regional lenders, real estate developers, corporations, lessors, and high net worth individuals. His experience includes commercial and residential real estate transactions, finance and restructuring asset transactions, and corporate and banking litigation.
- Defeated a major financial firm in a breach of contract claim;
- Fended off a hostile take-over attempt against a client;
- Prevailed in a major real estate contracts action; and
- Represented homeowners and business owners nationwide, recovering millions in real property losses, personal property losses, and business interruption losses.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Licensed in Louisiana
- Federal Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Serves as Louisiana Notary Public
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Loyola University New Orleans Joseph A. Butt College of Business, Bachelor of Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Thomas More Inn of Court
- Louisiana Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association