John D. Carter (“JC”) is a federal flood trial lawyer with more than two decades of courtroom experience. He has prevailed in federal lawsuits from New York to Hawaii, from California to Florida, the Midwest, the Eastern seaboard, and along the traditional hurricane states of the Gulf Coast. JC has been the flood lawyer on thousands of cases in over 20 states.
JC has extensive knowledge in U.S. constitutional law and in complex federal regulatory schemes, such as the National Flood Insurance Program (“NFIP”). He formerly represented several NFIP insurance carriers for more than a dozen years, giving him rare insight into the Flood Program. He now brings this unparalleled experience to passionately and vigorously represent Policyholders.
When Tropical Storm Allison struck the Texas in 2001, JC was already well versed in the National Flood Insurance Act. Allison was the first NFIP flooding event that paid out more than $1B in flood claims. JC was in the middle of the largest flooding event in NFIP history when Hurricane Katrina struck his home town, New Orleans, Louisiana. An unprecedented $16B were paid out in flood claims. Since Hurricane Katrina, JC has continued practicing flood law from Hurricane Ike in Texas to Superstorm Sandy in New Jersey and New York to the Great Louisiana Flood of August 2016. Currently, JC is representing Policyholders who have been denied duly owed flood insurance benefits caused by Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, Florence and Michael.
In addition, many folks do not realize the number of extensive floods occurring every year in the United States from unnamed events. Because of the lack of national media coverage for these floods, many Policyholders’ rights get compromised and expire without attention. Due to strict deadlines and draconian federal law in favor of the insurance carriers, Policyholders can be left short-changed, losing their rights, and without any remedy. Fortunately, JC and the Pandit Law Firm are here to protect Policyholders’ rights!
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Licensed in Louisiana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Federal District Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Pro hac vice admissions in dozens of United States District Courts
- Serves as Louisiana Notary Public
- Loyola University New Orleans, College of Law Juris Doctor, May 1996
- Loyola University New Orleans, City College
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Dec. 1992
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- St. Tammany Bar Association