Carla Delpit brings wide-ranging and vital experience to her role representing policyholders’ interests. Carla’s background fuels her passion advocating policyholders’ rights to recover all policy benefits due to them.
Carla zealously represents governmental entities, school districts and hundreds of commercial and residential property owners in their breach of contract and bad faith disputes. These matters range from individual fire and broken pipe claims to multiple claims from catastrophic events. Her personal and professional experiences during Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Ike motivated her to become a strong advocate for those treated unfairly by insurance companies.
Before entering the practice of law, Carla gained a wealth of experience and knowledge as a property insurance adjuster in Texas, Louisiana and Florida. Carla’s 12 years of adjusting property damage claims for insurance carriers serves her well and led her to the legal practice. Carla believes her purpose revolves around standing up for what is right to advocate for those who are unable to do so for themselves.
When not advocating for policyholders’ rights, Carla enjoys reading, yoga and traveling across the country to cheer on her son and nephew who play college football in the Big 10 and SEC.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Licensed in Louisiana
- Federal Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Texas Trial Lawyers Advocacy College
- Undergraduate and Master’s degrees from the University of Houston
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Judicial Intern for Federal District Court Judges Vanessa D. Gilmore and Kenneth M. Hoyt of the U.S. Southern District of Texas – Houston Division
- Judicial Law Clerk for Judge Caroline E. Baker in the 295th Harris Country Civil District Court in Houston
- Recent Developments in Insurance Regulation – Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Fall 2012, Co-Author